Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Time-travel



I could see a girl with golden hair standing inside the mirror. The girl is listening to Mp3 with a trendy ipod, holding the latest version of the mobile phone — that’s me. My name is Wanda, everyone called me “electric girl or e-girl”. Anyway, I don’t know why they called me “electric girl”. They started calling me with this strange name on the day I traveled to the future.

I went to the electronic store to buy a new mouse and a virtual keyboard, I got into the shop, a mouse caught my eyes. I had never seen this model of mouse before! I picked up the mouse glowing with a strange blue electric light.

“Where did it come from? I asked. "It’s so cool! Please get me more information.” The sale girl responded, “It’s named AX098601, which means “unknown”; we don’t know where it is from. We haven’t even made sure if it is safe for use— wait! There is some potential danger!” I felt the electricity passing through my body, it’s frightening. I could see nothing, apart from darkness.

When I opened my eyes, I could see through a trendy window: some human robots with small antennas walking on the street that was floating in the air and some strange vehicles flying through the sky. A girl with golden hair stood in front of me, she had the same face as mine! I shouted, “Who...who are you? Why am I here?”

“Well, I think you are here because of the device.” She held the mouse, AX098601. “You have just experience the power of it, it is fantastic, don’t you think so? It’s from this age period, I mean, the year 2156. (For you, it is the future time).”

She said, “I think it’s better not to disclose that, in future, human can go everywhere, to the farthest end of the universe, or to the smallest particles of the materials. We'll know everything, but not the Time Travel.” “Ha…?” I was very confused.

She continued, “Well, when we are doing the experiment about time travel, this mouse went to your time, 2010. This mouse is the favourite model between 2020 to 2156; it’s a great mouse, designed by Wanda Anita.”

Wanda…Anita…It’s my name! I asked, “Tell me! When was it made?” “ In 2019, Wanda Anita was only 23 years old.” I was dumbfounded, she looked that me, “Are you all right?” “Yes,” I smiled, “Ms, will future change after time travel?” She said, “I don’t know, but it may.” She turned to me, “You can only stay here for ten minutes. We had spent nearly 8 minutes.

Do you want to visit my house? For you, meeting people from the past is an interesting experience, hope we have time. Oh, I haven’t asked your name! My name is Karen. I am the posterity of Wanda Anita! What’s your name?” “Sorry, can’t tell.” I smiled. Karen, I don’t think you will believe I am Wanda Anita…

A light glowed, but then blacked out, I heard Karen’s sound, “I remembered! You are Wanda Anita! I saw you in an old photo album! Wanda…You will become…” I couldn't hear what she said anymore.

“Mum! Dad! You’re not going to believe this—Wanda’s back!” My little brother shouted. I came back, but I don’t want the future change, I want to become a computer hardware, software maker! Only because of I love IT!

No comments: